Re: telconf 07-11-2012 : what is webid

On 15 Nov 2012, at 23:22, Alexandre Bertails <bertails@w3.org> wrote:

> On 11/15/2012 05:06 PM, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>> On 11/15/12 4:57 PM, Alexandre Bertails wrote:
>>> [snip]

>>> Maybe you need to ask yourself why all the people in the room agreed,
>>> and why you're still fighting?
>>
>> And clearly you are behind the thread. The definition has been
>> corrected. I don't have major issues with the new definition.
>
> True, I'm trying to limit my time to _doing_ things.
>
>> Turtle and hash URLs are not in the new definition.
>
> I wonder if people advocating for such things read the minutes that
> lead to the vote and the Approved definition during TPAC.
>
> I'm designing systems, with interoperability and adoption in mind. In
> the case of WebID, we believe that it means "building on top of LDP",
> which I recall is the only W3C Working Group that is chartered to work
> on defining the platform (Read-Write) for RDF data *on the Web*. This
> Community Group has *no chance* to bring WebID to LDP if it's not
> built on top of LDP, you need to realize that.

I think we are allready very close to it. We have a WebID over TLS
authenticator MUST understand Turtle and RDFa. And We have a WebID
document Must return something that can be transformed into RDF.

See the definition of WebID and WebID Profile

 https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/WebID/raw-file/tip/spec/index-respec.html

What it does currently is require a public key tied to the WebID.
As I understand that is too much precision for you. I think
perhaps most of us agree on that now. But the question is we still
need to define a bit more precisely what is in the profile document
then. And that is tricky, but see below...

> So if it means that we need to stop speaking about WebID just because
> we don't agree on the goal and the plan, then I'm happy to do so.
>
> What about LDP-ID?

By the way I think it is a good exercise to define an LDP-ID. I did so a
bit earlier in this thread.

  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webid/2012Nov/0037.html