Re: telconf 07-11-2012 : what is webid

On 11/15/12 4:57 PM, Alexandre Bertails wrote:
> [snip]
>
>>> That was the concern of the people who set the definition for WebID at
>>> TPAC.
>>
>> Not wanting to go backwards, instead of forwards. The conclusion at TPAC
>> were simply wrong albeit well intended.
>
> Maybe you need to ask yourself why all the people in the room agreed,
> and why you're still fighting?

And clearly you are behind the thread. The definition has been
corrected. I don't have major issues with the new definition.

Turtle and hash URLs are not in the new definition.

>>> I don't understand why people are loosing time with changing the
>>> definition.
>>
>> Because any definition of WebID that includes specific references to
>> hash URIs and Turtle is broken. Simple as that.
>
> To you maybe. Not to the people interested in defining the standard,
> and with adoption as a goal.
>
> I don't have time to spend on endless debates when only a very few
> individuals are noisy. I define and implement systems.
>
> So I would suggest to people to focus on the definition we had
> previously, and adapt the spec and our implementations accordingly.
>
> Let's move forward please.

Please bring yourself up to date re. current state of the thread about
the WebID definition. You are out of sync right now!

The only debates in play (between Henry and I) right now are minor re.
URI vs URL, that's it.

Kingsley