exiting the WebID email experiment - Was: Adding an email address to a SAN

Just to say, but I have stopped this experiment. For me sending mail is too
important in communication.  If some existing servers start rejecting mail or
having trouble because they don't know my CA ( and of course few will know
WebID ) then the cost in communication is too high for the benefit.

I had a report that my Certificate was causing some windows machine to
spend ten minutes trying to verify my certificate. It is not a big step from there
until someone determines these are denial of service attacks and blocks my mail.

So in my view this experiment could be thought of as viral, but in the negative
sense. It is exactly the kind of experiment that could cause the system to put
up unnecessary antibodies and make it more difficult for members of our community
to spread their message.

	Henry