Re: Identity interoperability

On 13 November 2012 13:18, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:

> On 13 Nov 2012, at 12:54, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> On 13 November 2012 12:43, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:
>
>> Hi as promised during our last teleconf [1] I put together an Identity
>> Interoperability wiki page
>>
>>   http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/wiki/Identity_Interoperability
>>
>> This is the beginning of something that could end up becoming a very
>> large project, so it is
>> clearly just a beginning, with some initial pointers.
>>

> Tantek was introducing me to indieauth yesterday:
>
> https://indieauth.com/
>
> Essentially you put rel="me" and add a web 2.0 account and that will let
> you login from your homepage
>
> Setup Instructions
>
> https://indieauth.com/setup
>
> Maybe this is related?
>

> yes. I need to look at it more carefully.
>
> I think they are using the foaf:homePage relationship here, which is very
> close to foaf:openid in fact. And then having each of the other identities
> point back using something close to owl:sameAs. They have links from
> account to home page as the proof.

I think they do

<> "me"  <web2.0 account>

where "me" is microformats and kind of equates to

<#me> foaf:account <web2.0 account>

Then

You put your home page <> into twitter.

Strangely enough the whole thing broke yesterday because twitter are no
longer displaying your homepage on you profile, but rather, a t.co url
shortener which 301s to your page.