Re: Good WebID demo sites?

On 16 May 2012, at 04:09, Michael Hackett wrote:

> Are there any working demonstration or production websites supporting
> WebID at the moment? I've been working through the only list I could
> find (for FOAF+SSL [1], so it's probably quite old, though the last
> mod date is just last week),

yes, we need to update that list.

> and all the sites are either down, depend on sites that are gone, or
> have invalid TLS certificates.

thanks for pointing that out. We need to go and remove all the old stuff
as it is getting confusing. I propose we even migrate that list and
put in a pointer to the webid wiki.

> I'm presenting a paper on WebID and BrowserID at the W2SP workshop [2]
> next week and I was hoping to include a quick demo of the sign-in
> process for each, but I'm stuck on the WebID side.

Sites that don't have WebID can use the following site to login quickly
without requiring a client certificate by the way

   https://foafssl.org/srv/idp

It's about as easy to use as BrowserId at that point.

> I'd also like suggestions on how and where to set up a profile easily.
> I got one set up at webid.myxwiki.org, but I think I messed it up by
> creating multiple certificates (which I can't seem to delete).

webid.myxwiki.org is out of date. It is using the old cert ontology, and
in any case it was never developed very far. It did not accept login with
webid either (they were about to rewrite their authentication layer when
I helped them out)

> Is
> there anything a bit more robust? I guess I can just start over with a
> new account, if necessary.

my-profile.eu is currently the one I use to do demonstrations
with.

Bergi has a site that is working too I think that is nice.