Re: Delegated WebID authentication plugin contributed to fusionforge

Hi Mitko,

On 07/12/2012 11:26 PM, Mitko Iliev wrote:
>>> 2. Returned URI does not conform to foafssl.org <http://foafssl.org>
>>> and auth.my-profile.eu <http://auth.my-profile.eu>. These are param
>>> names retuned by the services mentioned above:
>>>

> When this become a standard for params and returned values ?

It was never a standard, it was just the way foafssl.org described an
authenticated user, so that libAuthentication could understand. Given
that foafssl.org was the first service of this kind, I
(auth.my-profile.eu) followed in its steps in order to be compatible
with libAuthentication and existing implementations.

We should indeed have a lengthy discussion about the params and returned
values (cc Olivier Berger).

>>> a) webid= the urlencoded WebID of the user connecting
>>>
>>> b) ts= a timestamp in XML Schema format
>>>
>>> c) sig= the signature of the whole URL (signed with the IdP's private
>>> SSL key).
>>>
>>> d) referer= the address of the IdP, which is needed to fetch the
>>> public key of the IdP's SSL certificate (so the application knows
>>> from which IDP the signed response comes from in order to choose the
>>> correct certificate to verify the signature)
>>>
>>> More info about the 'protocol' can be found in the README here [0].
>>>
>>> [0] https://github.com/WebIDauth/WebIDauth
>
> I would be careful to say this is protocol yet ;-)
> This matter basically should be negotiated and get interoperability
> testing passed, no way around believe me.
> So I would expect proposal, call etc. then we can proceed to get it done.

That's why I put protocol between quotes.

> Best Regards,
> Mitko

Andrei