From: "rzeno" <ruset.zeno@gmail.com>
To: public-webid@w3.org
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2012 12:22:46 AM
Subject: problems with datatype literals

hi,

accidentaly Henry Store discover a problem with checking validity of
datatypes literals, more specific with checking if modulus is hexBinary
in webid case.

in my foaf, the prefix for hexBinary is wrong:

http://www/w3/org/2001/XMLSchema#hexBinary

notice the slashes between www, w3 and org.

tested on:

https://foafssl.org/test/WebId -> say that fail

http://webidauth.rhizolab.org/  -> 'Give it a try' => and was ok
https://data.fm/test/webid      -> field verified contain the webid
https://resourceme.bergnet.org/news/ -> i used login, was ok
https://webid.turnguard.com:8443/WebIDTestServer/ -> i used debug and said
that all 16 tests are okr
http://webid.fcns.eu/  -> webid login, was ok.

i know that checking if a literal is valid according to the datatype
doesn't have a simple solution in the general case so probably the best bet
is to implement a specific solution for this case but i think anyway is
important to take a decision about this, at least what implication could
have and how important is.

PS: my webid is http://sort-of.strangled.net/foaf.rdf#me in case you need.

best regards

--
| Jürgen Jakobitsch,
| Software Developer
| Semantic Web Company GmbH
| Mariahilfer Straße 70 / Neubaugasse 1, Top 8
| A - 1070 Wien, Austria
| Mob +43 676 62 12 710 | Fax +43.1.402 12 35 - 22

COMPANY INFORMATION
| http://www.semantic-web.at/

PERSONAL INFORMATION