Re: Hash vs Hashless URIs

On 14 December 2012 16:26, Ted Thibodeau Jr <tthibodeau@openlinksw.com>wrote:

> On Dec 11, 2012, at 09:32 AM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
>

> > On 11 December 2012 15:28, Nathan <nathan@webr3.org> wrote:
> >> #frag URIs are as complex as looking up a chapter in a book, a scene on
> a dvd, a level in a game, or a student in a class room.
> >
> > Nice analogies.  One more I was thinking about was:
> >
> > Many people living in a single building.
> >
> > With simple web pages you can build a house.  With fragments you can
> build a sky scraper!
>

> This analogy doesn't work for me at all...
>
> I can build a skyscraper with simple pages, just as well as
> I can with fragments.  I think it would be easier with pages,
> in fact...
>
> But perhaps I'm not understanding what you're intending, so
> by all means -- clarify?

Some models allow many subjects/items per page.

Some models prohibit many subjects/items per page, and limit you to one
only.  This is a perfectly good model in many cases.  In fact it could
often be considered a best practice.

However, the consequence of this is that you have to perform one GET per
item when using HTTP, when using the restrictive models.  This is
inefficient for HTTP e.g. for a financial statement or for realtime
markets.

Perhaps HTTP 2.0 will be more efficient, but that's still some way away.