Re: Use Cases and Requirements document for WebID

On 11 Dec 2012, at 16:15, Alexandre Bertails <bertails@w3.org> wrote:

> For what it's worth, I had flushed some ideas at [1].

These seem relevant

Use-Cases:
	• referring to one's identity
	• WebID-based authentication
	• WebID-based authorization

Requirements:
	• one MUST be able to change one's WebID
	• one MUST distinguish a WebID (a simple URI for a Web Resource) from a WebID Profile (the Web Information Resource). This SHOULD not rely on dereferencing.
	• the system MUST take efficiency into account
	• the system MUST not introduce any incompatility with LDP, especially for Write operations
	• the Web Profile MUST define a default representation format
	• the system SHOULD considerer legacy WebIDs (or FOAF/SSL) whenever possible

It seems to me that we may need to put WebAccessControl into the WebID group, as it
is very tied to authentication and so to WebID-Authentication over TLS, and is one of
the key use cases for WebID.

  Henry