Re: Privacy in spec

On 6 Dec 2012, at 18:47, Andrei Sambra <andrei.sambra@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 12:28 PM, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:
> As I am following the privacy working group right now, it reminded me of the
> following things we can do to help:
>
> 1. for me to update the picture in the WebID spec to have a link to a protected document
>   ( at least another document )
> That would be useful, but not for the main architecture picture. Maybe have a second picture in the privacy section which also includes the protected resource?
>

> 2. for the privacy section to have an example where the user
>   publishes a public key only and a nickname and a logo perhaps, with
>   a rdfs:seeAlso pointing to a protected resource
>
> I think we have this example right now in the draft spec.

I think I was trying to highlight the idea of putting a public key there, as with a TLS WebID
spec. The idea is that one can identify someone without saying anything about themselves,
other than that they know a private key, that they are the only ones to have access to.

http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/WebID/raw-file/tip/spec/identity-respec.html#privacy