Re: Crypto Stick now has open source PKCS#11 support

On 29 Aug 2012, at 16:08, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 19 August 2012 09:40, Niclas Hoyer <niclas@verbugt.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just read the great news on twitter and I'd like to share them:
>
> "Thanks to dozents of sponsors we raised Euro 2000 to patch OpenSC for full Crypto Stick (and OpenPGP Card) support.
> [...]
> Now you can use the following applications with the Crypto stick, for instance:
> [...]
> Firefox web browser: Other than with passwords, some web sites (http://www.crypto-stick.com/en/certificate-authentication) allow users to login via client certificates which provides a better security."
> [1]
>
> As I've got my own OpenPGP Card in my pocket, I'll try to use WebID with it as soon as the new OpenSC release is ready.
>
> Also a nice list of s/w that allows cert login:

the ones that allow WebID are here I think:
   http://www.w3.org/wiki/Foaf%2Bssl/RelyingParties

We need to put a service together that automates the verifications and
listing of these services at some time.

The ones below appart from MyProfile don't I think support WebID,
and so are going to be quite uninteresting. It's not for no reason that
client certificates have not taken off.

Henry