Re: MyProfile REST API.

On 12 Aug 2012, at 11:56, Dominik Tomaszuk <ddooss@wp.pl> wrote:

> On 12.08.2012 11:40, Andrei Sambra wrote:
>> On 08/12/2012 11:34 AM, Dominik Tomaszuk wrote:
>>> With message body? If yes, what type is the content?
>>>
>> The content type doesn't really matter for successful requests, since
>> all you should care about is whether the request was successful or not.
>>
>> I suppose I can use EARL for the cases where you require a boolean
>> answer, and the request is not successful (so you have the reason for
>> your failure).
> I suppose better than EARL is [1] and/or [2]. It will be nice if the content (including 200 and I guess 400) is an RDF graph.
>

> [1] http://www.w3.org/2011/content#
> [2] http://www.w3.org/2011/http#

Those vocabularies seem way to precise: ways of describing http itself. You don't want to describe HTTP, you want to send a message back explaining ( in machine readable form ) what went wrong if asked for it in RDF.
So I think EARL is a lot closer to being right.

You may want to use those vocabs if say you wanted to write that you had trouble fetching remote graphs, and that is why you could not authenticate the user.... That is how they are meant to work with earl I think...

Henry