Re: Earliest URL

re: the eventual server: my experience is that running a virtualized
NeXTSTEP environment (ideally with Tim's original disk mounted from an
archival image) would be preferable to hardware.  The flexibility it
affords, along with the preservation issues it sidesteps (software
preservation is *far* easier than hardware, and no concerns about
scoundrels attacking the unique server) is a powerful argument.

Frankly, my best estimate is that this project will result in a
virtualized NeXTSTEP client running WorldWideWeb connecting to another
virtual machine running the server software.  I don't know if NeXTSTEP
can be freely distributed - if it can, handing out machine images with
everything set up may be the way to go.

--Alex