Re: Website

On 3 September 2012 22:18, Shane Hudson <Shane@shanehudson.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have been thinking about setting up a website for archiving articles,
> random bits of information and software etc. Obviously I know that everyone
> on this mailing list is interested in similar so might be worth setting up
> as a group thing?
>
> I have noticed that while the .coms are taken, both HistoryOfTheWeb.co and
> WebHistory.co are available domains. Thought I should post to you all to see
> what you think before going ahead and starting it myself.
>
> What do you think? What domain would you use? And any idea of what software
> is best to use? I will be able to get MirrorService.org to mirror all
> content we archive.

I'd suggest we look at building up a collection of materials here at
W3C (using the W3C mailing list, mercurial etc.,), and then work to
make sure that those files are replicated elsewhere (I don't know
MirrorService.org, but I was thinking of Archive.org). I don't mean to
discourage you from making a site, but since W3C's site is likely to
be around for a while and is the host for our discussions, it seems a
good hub to begin with. Once we have a collection of 'raw materials'
there is all sorts of scope for new 'story telling', introductory and
educational materials - perhaps that would fit with your plans?

cheers,

Dan