Re: www-talk archives: 1992-1995?

From: Gerald Oskoboiny <gerald@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 11:46:17 -0800
To: Ed Summers <ehs@pobox.com>
Cc: www-talk@w3.org, public-webhistory@w3.org
* Ed Summers <ehs@pobox.com> [2012-11-20 01:36-0500]
> I imagine this has come up before, but does anyone know if the
> www-talk discussion list archives between 1992 and 1995 are available?
> [1] I am specifically looking for a record of the conversation around
> the initial standardization of the URL, which became RFC 1738 in
> December 1994. I did look over on the IETF URI discussion list, but
> that seems to start in December 1994.

There is a copy of the archives from that time period here:
http://1997.webhistory.org/www.lists/

I think it's missing from W3C's archives because the format of
the mboxes is not understood by our HTML archive software, and we
haven't managed to make time to look into workarounds.

--
Gerald Oskoboiny     http://www.w3.org/People/Gerald/
tel:+1-604-906-1232             mailto:gerald@w3.org