Re: OLIAS Web Index, circa 1994 by HAL Computer Systems

Thanks for sharing Dan. I personally hope we are moving to a world
where "republishing for the purpose of historical preservation"
becomes more common on the Web, and relied upon.

Those instructions for getting SunOS 4.1.1 running you found are truly
epic. If you do get OLIAS running again, please let us know. The
situation reminds me a bit of the "data ages like wine, applications
age like fish" adage...and how important portable and self documenting
data formats are to digital preservation. Hopefully virtualization
technologies like TME will increasingly turn our code into data.

//Ed