Re: User scenarios which would benefit from streamable fonts

> On Jan 31, 2019, at 7:54 PM, Ken Lunde <lunde@adobe.com> wrote:
>
> Myles,
>
> I should point out that the assumption of no feature interaction in typical CJK fonts becomes an instant non-starter for Pan-CJK fonts that make extensive use of the 'locl' GSUB feature to access non-default glyphs. The Source Han and Noto CJK fonts serve as excellent testing fodder for this. I should also mention that Adobe Fonts' (formerly Typekit) dynamic augmentation preserves the 'locl' GSUB feature functionality, which means that it is possible.

Oh, when I said “fonts with many independent glyphs, like a Chinese font” I meant “independent” w/r/t context-sensitive shaping, like an Arabic or Indic font. Features definitely interact in CJK fonts.

Unless I’m misunderstanding what you mean?