Re: Telcon tomorrow

I have one update, related to the implementation report. I discussed
this with Philippe Le Hégaret and Ralph Swick, and this did result in
some clarity.

Leaving aside the validator (font format tests) we are testing two
things - the woff2-creation and woff2-consumption stages. The fact that
we split consumption into two types of tests (decoder tests when the
decoded font is available for inspection, and user agent tests when the
font can only be examined indirectly via rendered html) is to some
extent an artifact of our testing methodology.

This means that we *do* have two implementations for the
woff2-consumption stage - google woff2 and font tools. Its true that all
the user agents all use one of those implementations, but UAs are only
one of the ways we test consumption.

Apart from that, I don't have any update on the three remaining open
action items. Also, I might not be able to call in for tonight's call
(travelling, and the wifi has been rather variable here).

--
Chris Lilley
@svgeesus