From: Levantovsky, Vladimir [mailto:Vladimir.Levantovsky@monotype.com]
Sent: Monday, March 07, 2016 11:28 AM
To: Chris Lilley; WebFonts WG
Subject: F2F straw poll (was: ATypI and TPAC)

Hello WG,

Thank you Chris for sending the links with event descriptions and dates.

Like we discussed during the last telcon, because of the proximity of two ATypI and W3C TPAC events both in time and in space (see details below) we have a lot more flexibility this year regarding the timing and the venue for the WG face-to-face meetings. In order to be able to plan ahead our face-to-face meeting(s) this year, I would like to ask every WG participant to reply to this email with your responses (yes, likely, possibly, no) to the following questionnaire:

1) Do you plan on attending the ATypI 2016 conference in Warsaw (Sep. 13-17)?
[ATypI has been our F2F host since 2010 and offered a great opportunity to have WG meetings on a budget, without having to make a dedicated trip to attend. It would be great to keep this tradition, especially if TPAC attendance is limited.]

2) Do you plan on attending the W3C TPAC meetings in Lisbon (Sep. 19-23)?
[TPAC offers unique opportunities to collaborate with many W3C members and have joint cross-WG meetings when it is necessary. We had utilized TPAC as a F2F venue only a couple of times, the TPAC 2016 offers us a chance to do it again with minimal additional effort if you're attending ATypI, as far as travel is concerned.]

3) Will you be attending both events?

Thank you,
Vlad

P.S. My response to this questionnaire is "yes, I will be attending ATypI and I am likely be attending both events".