Re: CSS support for font collections

On 2016-08-11 03:19, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> Hi Ken,
>
> That's interesting; but then the client needs to inspect the name
> table of all faces before resolving the request.

I don't believe so. A url with a fragment identifier is resolved by
stripping off the fragment, sending the resulting fragment-less url to
the server, and resolving the fragment once the resource is returned.

So yes, it would need to look in the name table, but that table will be
available.
> Also, currently name table is unused in webfonts.

Agreed, it currently is. The name used in the CSS for a font is
unrelated to the name in the font (by design, partly to allow creation
of compound fonts using @font-face. That was requested by Donald Knuth
by the way).

--
Chris Lilley