Re: CSS support for font collections

On 2016-08-11 01:14, Khaled Hosny wrote:
> I’m trying to implement:
> https://www.w3.org/Fonts/WG/wiki/TestPlan20-UserAgent#mustLoadFontCollection
>
> But no UA supports font collections, which has been discussed several
> times before but I’m not sure what the conclusion is.
The conclusion, as I remember it, is that
1) we want WOFF2 to be able to support Collections, which WOFF1 did not
2) we know that browsers don't currently support it but they have
expressed some interest
   2.1) so we expect they still won't support it when we want to exit CR
   2.2) but we still want to go ahead, rather than have to revise WOFF2
down the line

>   Particularly, how
> should individual fonts inside the collections be referred to? Fragment
> identifiers are suggested here, but I’m not sure how widely agreed upon
> is it:
> https://github.com/svgeesus/ietf-justfont/commit/b47e71a16040ea7d4e837287b968dd80f61caa71

Yes, that method is copied from what CSS3 Fonts suggests. It is now a
bit more than suggested - it is what the Internet Media type
registration for Collections states, in section 7.4.  Collection font type

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-justfont-toplevel-02

and that document is IETF Standards track and (once it moves to an RFC)
will be IEF Proposed Standard.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-justfont-toplevel/

--
Chris Lilley