Re: Reminder - no call this week

WRT existing content, the only one that popped out to me as likely to
invalidate existing files was the comment - which I think was just a
question rather than a request to change - about how 255UInt16 is read:

"I wonder why [oneMoreByteCode2][code] is not interpreted as lowestUCode +
256 + code so that code1 & code2 encodings won't overlap."

The other one that seemed likely to impact existing files was "I wonder why
the encoder is not forced to use the known flag when it is available for a
table?". The reference implementation prefers to use the known table index
already so we could consider this. However, it would strike me as odd to
require this of the encoder unless we require a decoder to reject a file
that failed to use a known table index when it could have.