Re: Pairing glyf/loca causes fonts to fail OTS and thus be rejected by Chrome

Hello Roderick,

Wednesday, March 4, 2015, 5:24:27 AM, you wrote:

> Interesting. Reference has not matched spec for a while if the
> intent was loca follow immediately after glyf even before ttc.

> The reference implementation code predates me, but I would venture
> to guess that "The loca table MUST follow the glyf table in the
> table directory" was interpreted as being met even if there were
> other tables in between.

The spec text should be tightened up. If we go for allowing tables in
between, then

   "The loca table MUST be placed after glyf table in the table
   directory (there may be other tables in between)."

and if we don't

   "The loca table MUST be placed immediately after glyf table in the
   table directory (there MUST NOT be other tables in between)."

> The upshot of all this is that if we could define the spec such
> that encoding the woff2 table directory in otspec order for
> non-collections is OK it would make life simpler.

Where 'otspec order' is 'strict alphabetical'?

--
Best regards,
 Chris Lilley, Technical Director, W3C Interaction Domain