Fwd: Re: Quick spec status update (as text)

This is a forwarded message
From: David Kuettel <kuettel@google.com>
To: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Monday, September 15, 2014, 8:01:37 AM
Subject: Quick spec status update

Thank you Chris and Vlad.  A few more action item updates:

:::: Done ::::

Action 126 - Check publication of security review [David]
- Kenji shared the security review findings, tools and process via the
following thread:
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webfonts-wg/2014Jun/0018.html
- Marked as "Pending review" accordingly

:::: Some Progress ::::

Action 132 - Track progress of brotli id to rfc [David]
- The compression team submitted the Brotli specification to the IETF and
it is currently waiting for review
- Leaving as "Open" for now

:::: Still Open ::::

ACTION-116: - Decoder performance analysis on mobile devices [Raph]
- Might see if we could have someone else start looking into this one
- Leaving as "Open" for now

Action 122 - Investigate the ttc support as part of the woff 2.0
pre-processing mechanism [Raph]
- Somewhat unclear where we left this, would be good to discuss at the f2f
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webfonts-wg/2014Feb/0019.html
- Leaving as "Open" for now

Action 129 - Prepare a mime type application draft and justification for
top-level "font" registration [David, Vlad]
- This fell by the wayside / was de-prioritized somewhat as the process
could take a while, and the decision was to not block on it
- Leaving as "Open" for now

Action 133 - Review the spec edits and finalize the definition of the
"nominal size" [Raph]
- Raph is eager to clarify in the spec, as he has more time
- Leaving as "Open" for now

Action 145 - check padding and alignment in reference implementation [Rod]
- Leaving as "Open" for now

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 12:51 AM, Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org> wrote:

> Hello Vlad,
>
> Friday, September 12, 2014, 11:27:57 PM, you wrote:
>
> > The modified text of the spec is attached for your review. Chris,
> > can you please commit this version to CVS so that it can be accessible
> online as well?
>
> Done.
>
> --
> Best regards,