From: Levantovsky, Vladimir [mailto:Vladimir.Levantovsky@monotype.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2014 4:42 PM
To: w3c-webfonts-wg (public-webfonts-wg@w3.org)
Subject: Telcon minutes, Nov. 19

Online at http://www.w3.org/2014/11/19-webfonts-minutes.html and as plain text below:

                               - DRAFT -

                 WebFonts Working Group Teleconference

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2014/11/19-webfonts-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Vlad, RSheeter

   Regrets
   Chair
          SV_MEETING_CHAIR

   Scribe
          kuettel

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Action items
         2. [5]Call schedule for the remainder of 2014
         3. [6]conformance tests
         4. [7]OTC support
     * [8]Summary of Action Items

   <trackbot> Date: 19 November 2014

   <Vlad> ??P0 is RSheeter

   <RSheeter> woff2-tests repo now populated
   ([9]https://github.com/w3c/woff2-tests)

      [9] https://github.com/w3c/woff2-tests)

   scribenik kuettel

   scribenic: kuettel

   <scribe> scribenick: kuettel

   <scribe> scribe: kuettel

   Vlad: let's briefly go through the agenda
   ... Rod, one open action item
   ... Padding, alignment action item
   ... you had mentioned something before, can we close?

   Rod: let me look at it again and confirm

Action items

   Vlad: OK. Other option action items, will likely remain open
   for a while (as they are being worked on)

   <Vlad> We will keep them all open for now, and review at the
   next call

   Vlad: next up, Telcon schedule

Call schedule for the remainder of 2014

   Vlad: next week is Thanksgiving (Thurs, Friday off), thus
   likely a good week to skip

   Vlad, Rod, David: let's cancel

   Vlad: and then in December...
   ... have three weeks, before the holidays
   ... let's try and meet the first three weeks (Dec 3rd, 10th,
   17th)

   <Vlad> Telcon on Wed. Nov. 26 is cancelled.

   Vlad: next up, conformance tests

conformance tests

   <RSheeter> just to reiterate, woff2-tests repo now populated
   ([10]https://github.com/w3c/woff2-tests) and construction of
   tests in progress

     [10] https://github.com/w3c/woff2-tests)

   Vlad: to confirm, Khaled Hosney is working on the conformance
   tests, right?

   Rod, David: Correct. He is based in Egypt, and really excited
   and cranking on the tests

   Vlad: great! we should really nail down the plan
   ... and the test specifics / details. Some already need to be
   revised
   ... I will go over the tests again, and revise the one. But
   could everyone else review (test plans) as well, and send
   comments to the mailing list?
   ... Would Khaled join the working group? Will ask Chris if we
   could invite him as an expert?
   ... let's see if he can join the mailing list to start

   Rod: I will ask him to try and join the list

   Vlad: and then if we invite him as an expert, it would be free
   for him (has to be done through the W3C, will ask Chris)
   ... Saw the email about moving the font compression reference
   to the new github repository

   <RSheeter> woff2 reference has migrated to
   [11]https://github.com/google/woff2

     [11] https://github.com/google/woff2

   Rod: Brotli is now a separate github repository

   <RSheeter> brotli now at [12]https://github.com/google/brotli

     [12] https://github.com/google/brotli

   Vlad: and now font collections

OTC support

   Rod: working on making a branch available for early testing
   ... the checksum definition is a bit unclear to me at the
   moment

   Vlad: have an opportunity to change the new OpenType standard
   through mid Dec
   ... there is an official ISO ballot that is open, with deadline
   of Dec 11th

   <RSheeter> the checksum in the head table in particular doesn't
   entirely make sense as defined @
   [13]http://www.microsoft.com/typography/otspec/head.htm

     [13] http://www.microsoft.com/typography/otspec/head.htm

   Vlad: this could be a good one. How about we start a discussion
   over email, and then I can carry it forward
   ... Adobe would be interested in seeing this clarified/captured
   as well

   Rod: great, I will start a thread

   Vlad: will forward the particular discussion to the group for