Brotli decompression code now open source

From: Raph Levien <raph@google.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 10:52:59 +0200
To: "public-webfonts-wg@w3.org" <public-webfonts-wg@w3.org>
I'm excited to announce that the decoder for the new Brotli byte-level
compression algorithm is now open-source. We're still working on open
sourcing the encoder and the font-level tools, and are preparing formal
documentation of the format. Even so, this release should help people get
started evaluating the proposal.

The code was written by Jyrki Alakuijala and Zoltan Szabadka of the Google
compression team in Zurich.

We will be talking in detail about the progress with Brotli at the working
group face to face meeting this afternoon, including results of compression
ratio and speed. We'll share our presentation with the mailing list also.

If there are any questions regarding this open source release, please let
me know.

Raph