Re: Spec edits: div/span and @dir/@class

On Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 8:50:26 PM, Jonathan wrote:

JK> I've committed some changes to the text today in order to address
JK> the div/span and @dir/@class issue, and also the xml:lang and
JK> BCP47 stuff. If you have a chance to review these and see whether
JK> it all makes sense, that would be great. Thanks!

In general this looks great.

I think it would be clearer,in the attribute lists, to say xml:lang rather than just saying lang and expecting people to remember its in another namespace.

Also, since the xml namespace is special and predeclared, people will always use xml:lang rather than foo:lang with the foo prefix bound to the xml namespace.

Its fine to leave the FSI and Ascender examples as-is, but the first example should be updated to use xml:lang. (the corresponding stand-alone file has already been so updated).

Similarly the example of div, should use xml:lang not lang.

The list of changes needs to note change to xml:lang, @dir, @class, div and span in response to last call comments. Check for other changes in response to last call comments, too...

bcp47 should be a normative reference

Also, 'is expected' - tighten to SHOULD?

 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG