Re: Spec edits: div/span and @dir/@class

On 25 May 2011, at 21:59, Levantovsky, Vladimir wrote:

> Hi Jonathan,
>
> Thank you very much for making the changes. The text looks good, however I wonder if the location of portion of the spec that is related to description of the text element should be changed. In the current version, you have the description of the 'div' and 'span' elements (starting with "Where text elements are used ...") in between the 'licensee' and 'extension' elements, which IMO disrupts the reading of the spec. I wonder if moving this portion to the beginning of the chapter 7 (right before the 'metadata' element and after the paragraphs where we discuss the use of localizable 'text' elements elsewhere in the spec) would improve the flow of the spec content.

Actually, as I was editing, I initially inserted the 'div' and 'span' text there, but I didn't much like the fact that this put these low-level, optional elements at the front of the largely "top-down" list of elements that starts with 'metadata'. So that's why I moved them to the end of the "standard" elements, just before 'extension' (which is rather different and doesn't really relate to the rest of the structure).

However, I wasn't entirely happy with this either, so if people generally feel it'd be better to move this back before 'metadata' (or to some other place), that's fine.

Anyone else have comments on this?

JK