Re: Font corruption in test suite

On Mar 25, 2011, at 4:51 PM, Chris Lilley wrote:

> Looking at the four fonts which must be installed for UA testing
> http://dev.w3.org/webfonts/WOFF/tests/UserAgent/FontsToInstall/
>
> on my computer (WindowsXP SP3) the two CFF fonts install correctly and the two TTF fonts give an error about and "invalid or damaged" font. The font display tool also won't display the two TTF fonts. The Microsoft font properties extension displays ok on some tabs and - whoops - on others it causes Explorer to crash.

Eek! Sorry about that. I wasn't aware that CVS needed to be told about binary files.

> It turns out that it is hard and error-prone to change the type of a file in CVS once its been added. Its easier to
>
> a) set up the CVS client to know that woff, otf, and ttf files are *binary*

I'm not very familiar with CVS but as best I can tell I need to add *.woff, *.otf and *.ttf to my local cvswrappers file. I've been looking and looking for that on my computer (Mac OS 10.6) without any luck. Does anyone out there have any experience with this on the Mac? I'm completely baffled.

Thanks,
Tal