Re: Authoring Tool Test Suite

On Friday, March 25, 2011, 3:12:34 PM, Tal wrote:

TL> Hello Everyone,

TL> I think I have the authoring tool test suite completed. You can view it here:

TL> http://dev.w3.org/webfonts/WOFF/tests/AuthoringTool/Tests/testcaseindex.xht

TL> I incorporated the tests we discussed and I added some cases for
TL> SFNT -> WOFF -> SFNT testing. I have not yet modified the
TL> validator to do the SFNT comparison. I'll do that at a later date.

TL> Please let me know if you have comments, suggestions, concerns, etc.

The "should convert to WOFF: yes/no" is clear for something like a command-line WOFF converter.

I wonder what we should do for something like a font editing tool,where the sfnt is imported and the woff is exported. The tool may issue warnings or offer to clean up errors in the sfnt or, possibly, silently correct them; as that preceded the woff conversion spec they we can't, and probably shouldn't, say its a failure of woff conversion.

We should be clear on the pass/fail criteria where there are separate sfnt-import and woff-export stages.

 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG