From: Glenn Adams [mailto:glenn@skynav.com]
Sent: Monday, June 20, 2011 3:18 PM
To: John Hudson
Cc: Levantovsky, Vladimir; Florian Rivoal; Martin J. Dürst; Jonathan Kew; Tab Atkins Jr.; W3C Style; 3668 FONT; www-font@w3.org
Subject: Re: css3-fonts: should not dictate usage policy with respect to origin

All. Because that is the way the Web works today.

G.
On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 1:06 PM, John Hudson <tiro@tiro.com<mailto:tiro@tiro.com>> wrote:
Glenn wrote:
I believe we could agree to the first, but not to the second. In fact, we want to make the second to read as:

      UAs MUST NOT, by default, treat webfont resources as
      same origin restricted.

In the absence of an author declaring either a restriction or a relaxation, we believe the default should be NO restriction.

For all resources, or for webfonts in particular?

May I echo Tab's question, and ask why? I'd like to get a clearer idea of whether Samsung's position is essentially a matter of principle or has some particular practical import for UAs.

JH