Re: css3-fonts: should not dictate usage policy with respect to origin

Glenn wrote:

> I believe we could agree to the first, but not to the second. In fact,
> we want to make the second to read as:

>        UAs MUST NOT, by default, treat webfont resources as
>        same origin restricted.

> In the absence of an author declaring either a restriction or a
> relaxation, we believe the default should be NO restriction.

For all resources, or for webfonts in particular?

May I echo Tab's question, and ask why? I'd like to get a clearer idea
of whether Samsung's position is essentially a matter of principle or
has some particular practical import for UAs.

JH