RE: css3-fonts: should not dictate usage policy with respect to origin

On Friday, June 17, 2011 7:40 PM John Hudson wrote:

> Glenn Adams wrote:
>  > It is one thing to define a mechanism that can be used
> > by those who wish to control content use and dissemination; it is an
> > entirely different matter to mandate use of such a mechanism within a
> > content format definition or referencing scheme.
>
> I understand this point. But in order for such a mechanism to be
> usable,
> it's implementation in the user agent has to be defined somewhere.

I would go a step further and say that using a mechanism to control content distribution can only be an option for content authors if:
a) a mechanism is normatively defined and
b) if *all* user agents support it.

Regards,
Vladimir