W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-webfonts-wg@w3.org > July 2011

Telcon minutes, Wed. July 27th

From: Levantovsky, Vladimir <Vladimir.Levantovsky@MonotypeImaging.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 10:35:46 -0400
To: "public-webfonts-wg@w3.org" <public-webfonts-wg@w3.org>
Message-ID: <7534F85A589E654EB1E44E5CFDC19E3D0BE80F65E7@wob-email-01.agfamonotype.org>

and in plain text below:

                 WebFonts Working Group Teleconference

27 Jul 2011

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2011/07/27-webfonts-irc


          John_Hudson, John_Daggett




     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Test Suite
         2. [5]Summarize results F2F discussion on email
     * [6]Summary of Action Items

   <trackbot> Date: 27 July 2011

   scribenik cslye

   Tal describes Test Suite.

Test Suite

   XML lang changes, test cases added.

   Tal: Byte order mark encoding tests.
   ... Tests failing where I expect them to fail and not elsewhere.
   ... sfnt validator. 616 cases.

   Vlad: Is roundtripping of formats tested?

   Tal: No sfnt file to compare; tools use WOFF.

   <tal> [7]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/webfonts/WOFF/tests/AuthoringTool/

      [7] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/webfonts/WOFF/tests/AuthoringTool/

   Tal: There are source sfnts which are changed on the fly as WOFFs
   are created.
   ... Will add links to test suite text. (To fonts, etc.)
   ... I don't have a same origin test yet.

   Vlad: Don't worry about it yet; possibly it won't be a
   format-specific requirement.
   ... Are there other normative requirements that aren't addressed?

   tal: I think I got them all. Some were already addressed on the

Summarize results F2F discussion on email

   Vlad: September 13th versus 14th.
   ... I think the 13th is better so that attendees have the
   opportunity to attend the entire conference.

   cslye: I prefer the 14th but I can attend on the 13th.

   Tal: I think John Hudson said he wouldn't attend ATypI.

   Vlad: Not many other people have stated a preference.
   ... 6 people likely to be there...

   sergeym: I don't know yet if I will be at ATypI. If I go, I will
   have no date preference.

   Vlad: I will tell ATypI organizers that we prefer the 13th.
   ... ATypI asked if they could publicize the F2F.
   ... September 13 is the date.
   ... Spec transition to CR; waiting for call with Chris L. on Monday
   next week.
   ... If there is no objection, publication will follow -- probably
   the same week.
   ... Having the spec at CR will remove the "cloud of uncertainty" and
   allow others to use it.

Summary of Action Items

   [End of minutes]
Received on Wednesday, 27 July 2011 14:36:13 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:34:16 UTC