W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-webfonts-wg@w3.org > July 2011

Minutes, 13 July 2011 WebFonts WG telcon

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 16:43:04 +0200
Message-ID: <73243334.20110713164304@w3.org>
To: public-webfonts-wg@w3.org
Hello public-webfonts-wg,

  
Minutes at http://www.w3.org/2011/07/13-webfonts-minutes.html


and below as text

                 WebFonts Working Group Teleconference

13 Jul 2011

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2011/07/13-webfonts-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Vlad, cslye, ChrisL, tal, jfkthame, +1.250.247.aaaa

   Regrets
          jdagett, sergeym

   Chair
          Vlad

   Scribe
          ChrisL

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Action items
         2. [5]Moving to CR
     * [6]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

   <trackbot> Date: 13 July 2011

   uh, say what zakim?

   <cslye> I am getting the "restricted" message also (dialing Boston).

   <jfkthame> boston didn't work for me at all, trying london again

   i will check the telcon calendar

   today is supposed to be the early slot, according to my calendar

   <jfkthame> still "restricted at this time"

   <jfkthame> which basically means "get lost", afaict :)

   <Vlad> Talking toan operator, stay tuned

   according to the telcon calendar

   [7]http://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar

      [7] http://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar

   *all* our conferences in julky, august 9didn't check further) are
   the late slot!

   <Vlad> the call will start right now

   I don't understand how that changed

   <Vlad> It seems that everything got messed up in the schedule

   <Vlad> I am in, the phone line is working now!

   <scribe> scribenick: ChrisL

   <Vlad> In addition to posted agenda I would like us to review all
   pending items to close the edits:
   [8]http://www.w3.org/Fonts/WG/track/actions/pendingreview

      [8] http://www.w3.org/Fonts/WG/track/actions/pendingreview

Action items

   action-58?

   <trackbot> ACTION-58 -- Tal Leming to revise test cases to allow
   multiple credit elements -- due 2011-01-26 -- PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot> [9]http://www.w3.org/Fonts/WG/track/actions/58

      [9] http://www.w3.org/Fonts/WG/track/actions/58

   action-94?

   <trackbot> ACTION-94 -- Jonathan Kew to add text element descrition
   -- due 2011-06-22 -- PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot> [10]http://www.w3.org/Fonts/WG/track/actions/94

     [10] http://www.w3.org/Fonts/WG/track/actions/94

   Vlad" attributes xml lang ref to bcp47 is not linked to the
   reference

   scribe: all the others are, so that one should be to

   jfkthame: (looks)
   ... bunch of places where its mentioned in passing. Reluctant to
   clutter the spec with adding them all

   Vlad: references always seem to have link to refs section - sections
   2,3 and 4 they are all hyperlinked
   ... and in section6 on compression

   jfkthame: mentioned in name and value element as well as in text
   element

   Vlad: yes,add all of them

   jfkthame: editing in place now

   Vlad: apart from that its fine

   close action-94

   <trackbot> ACTION-94 Add text element descrition closed

   action-96?

   <trackbot> ACTION-96 -- Jonathan Kew to add the non-normative
   wording from richard ishida about droppingOT tables -- due
   2011-06-22 -- PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot> [11]http://www.w3.org/Fonts/WG/track/actions/96

     [11] http://www.w3.org/Fonts/WG/track/actions/96

   tal: questin on action-58?
   ... is that to allow localisation?

   see [12]http://www.w3.org/2011/01/19-webfonts-minutes.html

     [12] http://www.w3.org/2011/01/19-webfonts-minutes.html

   Vlad: believe that change was made a while back

   tal: will check back and update next time if its done

   close action-96

   <trackbot> ACTION-96 Add the non-normative wording from richard
   ishida about droppingOT tables closed

   close action-97

   <trackbot> ACTION-97 Add the revised wording on @id closed

   jfkthame: need to update date of the spec too

   tal: working on test cases this week

   Vlad: no pressure

   action-74?

   <trackbot> ACTION-74 -- Chris Lilley to update disposition of
   comments -- due 2011-02-16 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [13]http://www.w3.org/Fonts/WG/track/actions/74

     [13] http://www.w3.org/Fonts/WG/track/actions/74

   ChrisL: spoke to Richartde, we should get an update during this call

   Vlad: so by end of call we can close the disposition of comments

   ChrisL: yes
   ... (describes process for transition request)

   Vlad: so we should look at the week after next for a call

Moving to CR

   Vlad: would like a decision on f2f at atypi and tpac

   ChrisL: thought there was genera agreement to meet at atypi

   Vlad: need a firm agreement before contacting the organisers

   <cslye> I will be at ATypI and can meet then.

   i can be there

   tal: yes if f2f

   jfkthame: not sure but hope to make it due to conflicts. think i can
   make it

   <Vlad> ATypI is Sept. 14-18

   <Vlad> Sergei. will you be at ATYpI this year?

   s/moving to CR/f2f meting at ATypI

   John: will not be there

   Vlad: so we have Chris, Tal, Jonathan, Christopher, Vlad confirmed
   for now
   ... wonder if jdagett can attend

   jfkthame: can't tell
   ... no specific travel restrictions

   tal: recall that he said family commitments precluded
   ... erik is a maybe

   Vlad: ok so that looks viable
   ... as tal is the star
   ... btw have a look at the new UFO spec as well if you have time

   <cslye> Link to UFO spec?

   [14]http://unifiedfontobject.org/

     [14] http://unifiedfontobject.org/

   <cslye> Thank you.

   Vlad: do we need to have a record of the formal objection that was
   removed

   ChrisL: better to note both that it was raised and that it was
   resolved

   Resolved: move to candidate Recommentation

   <scribe> ACTION: chris send transition request to CR [recorded in
   [15]http://www.w3.org/2011/07/13-webfonts-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-100 - Send transition request to CR [on
   Chris Lilley - due 2011-07-20].

   [16]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-font/2011JulSep/0021.htm
   l

     [16] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-font/2011JulSep/0021.html

   The i18n WG will be happy with option 3 if it can expect option 2
   for the next version.

   Vlad; so we are good to go

   adjourned

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: chris send transition request to CR [recorded in
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2011/07/13-webfonts-minutes.html#action01]

   [End of minutes]

-- 
 Chris Lilley   Technical Director, Interaction Domain                 
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead, Fonts Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG
 Member, CSS, WebFonts, SVG Working Groups
Received on Wednesday, 13 July 2011 14:44:11 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 13 July 2011 14:44:12 GMT