Re: CVS and binary files

From: Tal Leming <tal@typesupply.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 16:20:01 -0400
Cc: WOFF Working Group <public-webfonts-wg@w3.org>
To: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Hi Chris,

I finally had a chance to work on this today and I noticed that the CVS status on my local .woff, .ttf and .otf files was "Needs Checkout". That prompted me to check the file types on the web:

	http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/webfonts/WOFF/tests/generators/resources/SFNT-TTF-Fallback.ttf
	Keyword substitution: b (i.e.: CVS considers this a binary file)

I still tried to flag the local files as binary with:

	cvs admin -kb foo.ttf

When I checked the status on these it was "Up-to-date " and trying to commit the file didn't result in anything being uploaded. I checked out the files in Windows Vista using TortoiseCVS and I was able to install all of the fallback fonts without any errors. Now I'm wondering if the change to cvswrappers made the fix automatically.

If you have a chance, could you check out the files and see if the problem is resolved? If not, I'll make a new directory and start over.

Thanks,
Tal