RE: Minutes, 16 February 2011 WebFonts WG telcon

From: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 14:02:47 +0100
To: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Cc: "public-webfonts-wg@w3.org" <public-webfonts-wg@w3.org>
Sylvain Galineau wrote:

 > > Yes, it seems better to not have resource-specific defaults.

 > To be precise, the proposal was not that the default would be
 > resource-specific - as in for a particular set of content types -
 > but specific to @font-face.

Understood. I meant resource as in fonts, images, etc.

What does @font-face mean, though? Browsers parsing CSS will have a
good understanding of whether a URL is inside or outside @font-face.
However, other -- say, browser extensions -- can also read style
sheets and DOM can expose URLs. How will one ensure that URLs found
inside @font-face are always tagged as such further down in the
pipeline?

It seems cleaner to treat all URLs the same way.

-h&kon