RE: SOR: CORS or From-Origin?

From: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 19:45:27 +0000
To: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>
CC: John Daggett <jdaggett@mozilla.com>, "public-webfonts-wg@w3.org" <public-webfonts-wg@w3.org>

> Or, perhaps we can convince Apache to insert those three lines in their
> default setup?

Oh, I'm sure they'll get right on it and that it will immediately and magically
update every .htaccess file in production :)

More seriously, I would argue the very fact that you're asking this settles which
model is easiest for web authors who license WOFFs: the one where fonts loaded
from @font-face are same-origin by default..

The need to convince people to update software and/or hundreds of thousands of
production configurations does not seem an attractive feature for the use-case
and requirements that concern us.