RE: apple and same-origin restrictions

Yes, it's surprisingly full of nonsense. There are apparently no limits
to what qualifies for the ritual invocation of 'pseudo-DRM'. Invoking
'game theory' is a new angle I hadn't seen before though. Creative!

It also seems unclear that IE9 does not just support any raw font and
completely misses the fact that both Firefox and IE apply SOR to all
fonts, not just WOFF. As for the CORS-not-being-a-good-fit argument,
it glosses over the fact that the bad-fit-solution has been shipping
for some time in Firefox, works fine and is supported on the server
side by the same web services that are used as a justification for
not doing the work.

It's also nice that Apple is clear on what priority it gives to
conformance and interop: 'But we are willing to ignore the spec
if it's not changed, as with other specs that we think are a bad
idea.'

(Left as an exercise to the reader: what the reaction would be
if the author of this gem had a microsoft.com email address).