Re: non-normative best practices & file caching

I suggest the following for the section 1 note text, incorporating
Sergey's suggestion re. 'made available for use' and Håkon's reference
to caching:
__
The WOFF format is intended for use with @font-face to provide
downloadable fonts linked to specific web pages. It is therefore
recommended that WOFF files should not be treated as an installable font
format in desktop operating systems or similar environments. The
WOFF-packaged data will typically be decoded to its original sfnt format
for use by existing font-rendering APIs that expect OpenType font data,
but such a decoded font should not be exposed as a file on disk, and
while it is acceptable for clients to store decoded files in a cache,
such files should not be installed or otherwise made available for use
by other processes or documents on the system.
__

Sergey wrote:

 > ...this is one of things people did not like about raw
 > fonts lying around on user's disks. With unpacked fonts
 > cached, users will be able to grab naked OpenType font
 > binary, stripped form WOFF metadata or private data.
 > Some encryption/obfuscation may be welcome.

It would certainly be welcome. I wonder if, presuming existing models
for such encryption or obfuscation already exist for other cached data,
we might recommend and reference one as part of the WOFF documentation?

JH