Re: More comments on WOFF metadata

From: Eric Muller <emuller@adobe.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 13:24:06 -0800
To: Tal Leming <tal@typesupply.com>
CC: Christopher Slye <cslye@adobe.com>, "www-font@w3.org" <www-font@w3.org>, "public-webfonts-wg@w3.org Group" <public-webfonts-wg@w3.org>
On 11/24/2010 12:43 PM, Tal Leming wrote:

> Would adding these requirements [namespace] make existing files invalid?

Wrt. the current schema, yes.

>>> 2.1 On the localizability side, I would have expected that an element like<description>  would allow multiple<text>  elements, each with different lang attributes.
> This is already in the spec.

The schema says:

         <optional>
           <element name="description">
             <ref name="text"/>
           </element>
         </optional>

i.e. a single description. The proposal is to allow multiple
descriptions, for different locales.

>>> 5. Licenses are not just translations of a text in different languages, they are also adaptations to local laws. I think this implies that the url and id attributes should instead be on the various<text>  elements inside<license>.
> Hm. The URL that the license element is directing the user to could handle this, no?

Since there is currently a single license URL, it would means that this
URL would have to cover all the locales (the URL may use a scheme that
does not have a machinery for locales). The proposal is to allow per
locale URLs.

Eric.