RE: WOFF and extended metadata

From: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 02:37:12 +0000
To: Tal Leming <tal@typesupply.com>
CC: "www-font@w3.org" <www-font@w3.org>, "public-webfonts-wg@w3.org" <public-webfonts-wg@w3.org>
> From: Tal Leming [mailto:tal@typesupply.com]

> Aha. I think this is a key part of your position that was not clear.
> You believe that we should lock down the metadata spec at version 1.0
> and never add new official elements.

My bad if that was unclear. I'd like to either have a metadata format that's
as stable as the rest of the file format (while allowing reasonable customization).

Or let's just say it's XML and its' up to browser/tool/add-on developers to figure
out its rendering.

If you explicitly allow random content and/or expect to rev the metadata format then I
believe the latter is what you'll get in practice.