RE: WOFF and extended metadata

That is what I propose whether or not we agree on a metadata extension
mechanism i.e. if it's not defined in the spec, browsers may ignore it.

To be clear, I'm not concerned about nesting (even though I think little
should be needed) as much as I want to render a simple known schema vs.
making a best-guess - i.e. crappy - rendering of any arbitrary elements
from any random namespace.

I thought it'd help if there was a way to add some level of extra metadata
that would be rendered reliably across browsers. If that's not needed, I'm
fine with just saying browsers may ignore anything the spec does not define.
I feel that we're missing out on a very simple and reliable way to add value,
however.