RE: WOFF and extended metadata

Well, Vlad, isn't it interesting how people keep thinking you requested
things you never asked for ? :)

Statements such as:

"The missing link here is the connection between a user and a metadata in a WOFF file - for an end user to have an ability to see the 'About' screen there's got to be some kind of option enabled by a browser the user can click on. In other words, both syntax and UA behavior must be defined by the WOFF spec..."

...can certainly be construed as seeking to specify some level of UI requirements. Especially when one talks
about the need to define 'UA behavior' after talking of clicking on things.

We cannot and should not resolve how browser vendors will address this in their UI. There will be no consensus, for one.
We'll be far better off making sure all browser vendors have a common format - or a common subset thereof - they can parse quickly,
easily and efficiently *should they* decide to expose this info.