RE: WOFF and extended metadata

On Friday, May 21, 2010 11:32 PM Sylvain Galineau wrote:

> > From: David Berlow [mailto:dberlow@fontbureau.com]
> > By "this proposal", do you mean the proposal for the existence of the
> > Extended MetaData Block? or the requirement to parse the EMDB at the
> > user's request?
>
> The latter. I'm perfectly fine with having metadata. I think everyone
> is. But rejecting the font when something is wrong with it seems
> unreasonable.

+1.
The important point here (and I just want to emphasize it once again) is that neither David nor I (nor anyone else at this point) is asking to reject the font if something is wrong with the metadata.

The key requirement, and is the only one we are asking for, is for a browser to be able to parse the extended metadata *at user's request*!

Regards,
Vlad