Re: Agenda, action items and suggested WOFF changes

Thomas Phinney wrote:

> That would be my expectation as well. I apologize for losing track of
> the scope (WOFF tools vs general user agents), but I think it would be
> equally problematic to not be able to process existing fonts into
> WOFF.

Yes. I think we agree that no solution should either prevent creation of
WOFF files from existing fonts *or imply that such creation is
explicitly permitted*. The situation for existing fonts is necessarily
ambiguous and must be referred to the EULA.

> However, the OS/2 version bump is one solution.

Yes. It will enable makers of new desktop format fonts who wish to
technically restrict their use as WOFF fonts to do so.

JH