Re: About using CORS

Sylvain Galineau wrote:

> But it is still desirable to allow sites to control how their resources
> are utilized and it is as valuable here as it would be for other
> resource types. If we wish we could go back and do it then surely now is
> the time to get this right before web fonts are too prevalent to change
> anything.

Yes, I think this is the most obvious reason for same-origin
restrictions, to allow sites the option of controlling how their
resources are used.  It would be nice to extend this control to all
resources but that's not really possible for existing resource types, it
would break far too many sites that rely on cross-site linking.

John Daggett