Re: Phone Conferences

On Tuesday, May 4, 2010, 5:28:17 PM, Vladimir wrote:

LV> Reminder: We will have our first WG phone conference on

LV> Wednesday, May 5th at
LV> US West Coast - 07:00
LV> US East Coast - 10:00
LV> Central Europe - 16:00
LV> Japan - 23:00

LV> The call-in telephone bridge details:
LV> +1.617.761.6200 (Boston) or
LV> +33.4.89.06.34.99 (Nice) or
LV> +44.117.370.6152 (Bristol)
LV> conference code 3668 ("FONT")

W3C conferences are also typically done with IRC support. This is for taking minutes, for sharing URIs and such.

We have some tools to make minutes from the IRC channel, and also some 'bots' which live on the IRC channel and are used for logging and minues (RRSAgent) and to interface to the telcon bridge (Zakim). Our issue and actions tracker also has a bot there (trackbot) which can open and close issues and actions.

Our IRC channel is #webfonts
irc://irc.w3.org:6665/webfonts

or for those who don't have an IRC client (or whose corporate firewalls block them)
http://irc.w3.org/?channels=webfonts

Scribing is typically done by volunteers in rotation. I will take the minutes tomorrow, so we can get off to a fast start and also to show how it is done.

Further information at
http://www.w3.org/Guide/

in particular
http://www.w3.org/Project/IRC/