Re: What constitutes protection [was: About using CORS]

Anne van Kesteren wrote:

 > However, irrespective of WOFF I made comments on the same-origin policy
 > and how the proposed design here clashes with the existing design for the
 > same-origin policy and how I do not think that is a good idea. While by
 > not attending several meetings my knowledge about fonts may be greatly
 > limited (Håkon and I do discuss these things...), I like to think I know a
 > thing or two about the same-origin policy, being author/editor of
 > XMLHttpRequest and CORS.

I support Anne's participation and contributions to the discussion;
same-origin restrictions and the use of CORS is orthogonal to WOFF and
can be discussed separately. I'm undecided whether SOR/CORS should be
part of the WOFF efforts, and I'm sceptical to the argument that CORS
should only be used to lift restrictions put in for privacy reasons.
But this is the time to bring the arguments to the table, no?

Cheers,

-h&kon