Re: What constitutes protection [was: About using CORS]

Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> Anyway, I can understand
> there might be reasons for a new font format that are beyond my
> comprehension. As I said elsewhere, I am mostly just surprised that
> shifting a few bits around makes people more comfortable.

Anne, have you read my attempted summary of why a format distinction
such as WOFF makes font makers more comfortable than serving naked TTF
fonts? I don't want to argue the point any more than I have already over
the past year, especially not when we've got at last to the working
group stage and have the support I think we need to make WOFF a
realistic web font standard. But I do like people to understand where
the font makers are coming from, just as I've made an effort to
understand the perspective of browser developers.

JH